Examples of Abaft in a Sentence
1. Winds were blowing abaft, making the ship glide at a faster rate toward our destination.
2. Lifeboats were positioned at the rear of the ship, so I proceeded abaft to retrieve one.
3. It was during the first sailing lesson that I learned that the abaft i.e., in or behind the stern.
4. I was sprayed with seawater from the abaft, which soaked my back.
5. Since the rear of the ship was less choppy than the front, I was instructed to sit abaft in order to reduce my seasickness.
6. Square sail ships sail fairly efficiently with the wind abaft when they have square sails on them.