People are often confused about using prepositions before the word “Friday“. They sometimes use “On” and sometimes use “In“. This is because they don’t know the correct usage. Let us see the difference.
On Friday or In Friday – Which one is Correct?
“On Friday” is correct usage whereas “In Friday” is incorrect usage. This is because the preposition “on” is used with days of the week. Since Friday is a day of the week. Hence we use the preposition “On” before Friday.
Hence we can use phrases on Friday morning, on Friday evening, on Friday afternoon, etc.
The examples are as follows.
- I will see you on Friday. (Correct)
- I will see you in Friday. (Incorrect)
- I will meet Sana on Friday at 2 pm. (Correct)
- I will meet Sana in Friday at 2 pm. (Incorrect)
On Friday afternoon or In Friday afternoon?
- I am available on Friday afternoon. (Correct)
- I am available in Friday afternoon. (Incorrect)
On Friday morning or In Friday morning?
- Are you traveling on Friday morning? (Correct)
- Are you traveling on Friday morning? (Incorrect)
- I’ll see you on friday morning. (Correct)
- I’ll see you in friday morning. (Incorrect)
On Friday evening or In Friday evening?
- I usually play table tennis on Friday evening. (Correct)
- I usually play table tennis in Friday evening. (Incorrect)