If you need to request an extension of your joining date due to personal reasons, it’s essential to approach the request professionally and respectfully for your employer’s time and needs. Let us discuss what to write in the joining date extension mail to hr due to personal reasons.
Tips for writing a successful email to HR for joining date extension
Here are some tips for writing a successful email to HR:
1. Keep it brief: You don’t need to go into great detail about your personal reasons, but it’s essential to explain why you need the extension.
2. Be polite and courteous: Use a polite and respectful tone in your email, and thank HR for their time and consideration.
3. Offer a new start date: Provide a new start date that works for you and is feasible for your employer. Be prepared to negotiate if necessary.
4. Explain the impact on your work: If your delay will impact your work or the work of others, be sure to explain this in your email.
5. Provide a backup plan: If possible, offer a backup plan or alternative solution in case your request for an extension cannot be granted.
Sample Email for Joining Date Extension
Subject: Request for Extension of Joining Date
Dear [HR name]
I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to request an extension of my joining date due to personal reasons.
I am currently scheduled to start on [original start date], but due to [personal reason for an extension], I will not be able to begin on that date. I request that my start date be pushed back to [new start date].
I understand that this request may cause some inconvenience, and I apologize for any trouble this may cause. I appreciate your time and consideration in this matter, and I am happy to discuss potential solutions or alternatives.
Thank you in advance for your understanding. I am excited to join the team and contribute to the company’s success.