Are you looking for words that start with SLE? In this post, we will explore a variety of words that start with “sle.” From common terms like “sleep” and “sleek” to lesser-known words like “sleeper” and “sleepwalker,” we will delve into the meanings and usage of these words.
List of Words that Start with SLE
Here are a few words that start with “sle”:
‘Sleek‘ is an adjective that describes something smooth, shiny and streamlined in appearance. It can also refer to something that is well-organized and efficient. For example, you might describe a sports car as sleek and aerodynamic or say that a company’s business processes are sleek and efficient.
Use ‘sleek’ in a Sentence
- The sleek black car glided down the road.
- The cat’s sleek fur was a sign of good health.
- The design of the new smartphone is sleek and modern.
- His sleek hair was styled perfectly for the interview.
- The company’s new website has a sleek layout that is easy to navigate.
- The kitchen appliances have a sleek stainless steel finish.
- She moved with a sleek grace that was mesmerizing to watch.
- The new laptop has a sleek and slim design, making it easy to carry.
- The airplane’s sleek exterior cuts through the air with ease.
Sleep is a state of rest characterized by reduced or absent consciousness and the inactivity of nearly all voluntary muscles.
Use ‘sleep’ in a Sentence
- Sleep is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle and is necessary for physical and mental well-being.
- During sleep, the body can repair and regenerate tissues, consolidate memories, and process information.
- Most people need 7-9 hours of sleep daily to feel fully rested and alert.
- I need to sleep for at least eight hours tonight, or I’ll be exhausted tomorrow.
- I set the alarm to wake up at 6 am, but I hit the snooze button and went back to sleep.
- Establishing a consistent sleep schedule is crucial to ensure you get enough rest.
- The medication helps me sleep, but I feel groggy when I wake up.
- I’ll sleep on it and decide in the morning.
A sleeper is a person who sleeps in a particular way. It can also refer to a comfortable bed on a train or train’s coach with beds. It can also refer to a person or thing that appears to be inactive or insignificant, but has the potential to become successful or important.
Use of ‘sleeper’ in a sentence
- I had difficulty falling asleep last night because I was lying on an uncomfortable sleeper couch.
- The sleeper train was a convenient way to travel overnight, as I could sleep in a comfortable bed while getting to my destination.
- The sleeper hit was a surprise success at the box office, as it had a small budget and minimal promotion.
- The sleeper hold is a wrestling move that can cause an opponent to pass out if applied correctly.
- The sleeper agent had been working undercover for years, gathering information and waiting for the right moment to strike.
- The sleeper cell was a group of terrorists operating covertly within the country.
- The sleeper effect is a phenomenon in which the impact of a message increases over time, even if the message’s source is later discredited.
- The sleeper car on the train had luxurious amenities, including a private bathroom and comfortable beds.
- The sleeper hit of the summer was a small indie film that gradually gained a massive following through word-of-mouth.
- The sleeper sofa was a practical choice for the small apartment, as it could be used as a bed for guests and a couch for everyday use.
To be sleepily means to be in a state of drowsiness or half-asleep. It can also describe something that is done or happens in a slow or sluggish manner, as if the person or thing is sleepy.
Use of ‘sleepily’ in a Sentence
- I woke up sleepily, still feeling tired after a restless night.
- She stumbled sleepily out of bed and into the bathroom.
- He yawned sleepily and rubbed his eyes as he sat up in bed.
- I looked at the clock and saw it was already noon; I must have slept sleepily through the morning.
- The cat curled up sleepily in a warm patch of sunlight on the floor.
- The baby was fussing sleepily, clearly ready for a nap.
- He trudged sleepily down the hallway, still half-asleep.
- I felt a calm wash over me as I drifted off sleepily.
- The dog stretched out sleepily on the couch, her tail wagging gently.