This article will see phrasal verbs starting with the word “Wind.”
List of Phrasal verbs with Wind
The list of phrasal verbs that start with the word “Wind” is as follows.
- Wind down
- Wind up
Let us see the meaning of each phrasal verb with Wind and their usage in a sentence.
1. Wind down
Wind down meaning: Bring a business or an activity gradually to an end
Using Wind down in a sentence:
- After a long day at work, I like to wind down with a good book.
- The company is winding down its operations in the country.
- She suggested going for a walk to wind down after dinner.
- It was time to wind down the party and head home.
- He wound down the window to let some fresh air in.
- They wound down the business after 20 years of successful operations.
- I usually wind down by taking a relaxing bath before bed.
- The concert was winding down, and the crowd was starting to disperse.
- We decided to wind down the project due to a lack of funding.
- She wound down her speech with a heartfelt message.
- He suggested winding down with a glass of wine after dinner.
- The marathon was winding down as runners reached the finish line.
- I found it difficult to wind down after a long day at the office.
- The company has started winding down its overseas operations.
- She wound down her exercise routine with a few stretches.
- We wound down the event with a group photo.
- He wound down his car and got out to stretch his legs.
- The government has announced plans to wind down the program.
- I wind down by listening to some music before going to bed.
- The party was winding down, and guests were saying their goodbyes.
2. Wind up
Wind up meaning: bring or come to an end
Using Wind up in a sentence:
- I always wind up being late for appointments.
- She wound up quitting her job after only a few months.
- The project wound up costing twice as much as expected.
- He wound up losing all of his money at the casino.
- The party wound up going on until the early hours of the morning.
- The experiment wound up producing unexpected results.
- She wound up falling asleep on the couch.
- The game wound up being much more exciting than we thought.
- I wound up getting lost on the way to the museum.
- The conversation wound up turning into an argument.
- He wound up finding a solution to the problem.
- They wound up getting married after only six months of dating.
- The book wound up being one of my favorite reads of the year.
- I wound up running into an old friend at the grocery store.
- The trip wound up being more expensive than we had budgeted for.
- He wound up regretting his decision to take the job.
- She wound up getting a promotion after only a year on the job.
- The night wound up being a complete disaster.
- I wound up forgetting my keys at home.
- The company wound up going bankrupt after only a few years of business.