As a new employee, you are probably excited to start your new job and begin your career with your new company. However, sometimes unexpected circumstances may cause you to request a joining date extension. One common reason for needing to extend your joining date is family reasons. In this post, we will see how to write a joining date extension mail due to family reasons.
Essential Points to Remember While Writing Email
Here are some tips on how to write a joining date extension email due to family reasons.
1. Start by explaining the situation and the reason for the extension request. Be clear and concise in your explanation, and avoid going into too much detail unless it is necessary for understanding the situation.
2. Apologize for any inconvenience that the extension may cause. It’s essential to show that you understand and regret any disruption the extension may cause to the company’s plans.
3. Offer a new proposed joining date. Be sure to provide a reasonable and feasible date for both you and the company. It’s also a good idea to provide a range of dates in case the first proposed date does not work for the company.
4. Reiterate your commitment to the company and excitement to start your new job. This will show that you are still eager to join the team and that the extension request is not a sign of a lack of commitment.
5. Thank the company for its understanding and cooperation. This shows that you appreciate the company’s willingness to accommodate your request and helps to maintain a positive relationship.
Sample Joining Date Extension Email due to Family Reasons
Here is an example of what your email might look like:
Subject: Request for Joining Date Extension – [Your Name]
Dear [Employer Name]
I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to request a joining date extension due to a family emergency that has arisen unexpectedly. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and assure you that I am still extremely excited to begin my new role with the company.
I propose that my new joining date be [new proposed date]. If this date does not work for the company, please let me know, and I will be happy to provide a range of alternative dates that may be more suitable.
I appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter. I am committed to starting my new job and being a valuable team member as soon as possible. Thank you for your consideration.