This article will see phrasal verbs starting with the word “Offend.”
List of Phrasal verbs with Offend
The list of phrasal verbs that start with the word “Offend” is as follows.
- Offend against
Let us see the meaning of each phrasal verb with Offend and their usage in a sentence.
1. Offend against
Offend against meaning: do wrong; commit an offense
Using Offend against in a sentence:
- The company’s policy strictly forbids any behavior that offends against the rights of its employees.
- The man was sentenced to prison for offending against the laws of the state.
- It’s important to be mindful of others and avoid actions that might be offending against their beliefs or values.
- His comments on social media were deemed offensive and were considered as offending against the community’s standards.
- The government’s recent decision to cut funding for schools has offended against the right to education.
- Her behavior was unacceptable and was considered offensive against the company’s code of conduct.
- The mayor was accused of offending against the city’s ethics by accepting bribes.
- It’s never okay to offending against someone’s dignity, even unintentionally.
- The athlete was banned from competition for two years for offending against the sport’s rules.
- The new laws introduced by the government were seen as offending against the rights of the citizens.
- It’s important to respect cultural differences and avoid actions that might be offending against them.
- The scientist’s research was criticized for offending against the principles of scientific integrity.
- The company was fined for offending against environmental regulations.
- The actions of the police were considered as offending against human rights.
- It’s crucial to be sensitive to others and avoid actions that might be offending against their feelings.