This article will look at phrasal verbs starting with the word “Burst.”
List of Phrasal verbs with Burst
The list of phrasal verbs that start with the word “Burst” is as follows.
- Burst in/into
- Burst in on
Let us see the meaning of each phrasal verb with Burst and their usage in a sentence.
1. Burst in
Burst in/into meaning: To enter a room or building suddenly and noisily
Using Burst in/into in a sentence:
- The dog burst in through the open door, chasing after a squirrel.
- The burglar burst in through the window, surprising the homeowners.
- The intruder burst into the museum, attempting to steal valuable artifacts.
- The student burst in during the professor’s office hours, seeking extra help on an assignment.
- The storm burst in unexpectedly, causing damage to the surrounding area.
- The thief burst into the jewelry store, stealing several expensive pieces.
- The neighbor burst into the house party, complaining about the noise.
- The customer burst into the store, demanding a refund for a defective product.
- The employee burst into the manager’s office, requesting a raise.
- The doctor burst into the patient’s room, delivering a critical diagnosis.
- The animal burst into the jungle, causing the other animals to scatter.
2. Burst in on
Burst in on meaning: Suddenly come back
Using Burst in on in a sentence:
- The fire alarm suddenly burst in, causing everyone to evacuate the building.
- The police burst in on the robbery in progress, apprehending the suspects.
- I was in the middle of a meeting when my phone burst in, interrupting the proceedings.
- To their surprise, the children burst in on their parents’ anniversary dinner.
- The candidates burst in on the debate, demanding to be included in the discussion.
- The protesters burst in on the city council meeting, demanding to be heard.
- The paparazzi burst in on the celebrity’s private event, causing a commotion.
- The ambulance burst in on the scene, rushing the injured person to the hospital.
- The teacher burst in on the class, interrupting the students’ discussion.
- The reporter burst in on the press conference, asking a controversial question.
- The police burst in on the illegal gambling operation, shutting it down.
- The comedian burst in on the audience, getting them laughing with his jokes.
- The band burst in on the stage, starting the concert with a bang.
- The president burst in on the meeting, making an important announcement.