The English language is full of words that can be used to express a wide range of emotions and feelings. Some words are positive and uplifting, while others are negative and can be used to express disappointment, frustration, or even anger.
One letter of the alphabet that seems to have a particularly high number of negative words is “O.” Here is a list of some of the most commonly used negative words that start with the letter “O.”
List of Negative Words Starting with O
- Obstinate: Refusing to change one’s mind or course of action; stubborn.
- Obstructive: Causing an obstruction or hindrance; impeding progress.
- Odious: Extremely unpleasant; repulsive; inspiring hatred or disgust.
- Offend: To cause to feel resentful, hurt, or angry.
- Oppress: To keep down by severe and unjust use of force or authority; repress.
- Outrage: An extremely strong reaction of anger, shock, or indignation.
- Outright: Fully and completely; without reservation or exception.
- Overbearing: Domineering; arrogant; tending to intimidate others.
- Overlook: To fail to notice or take into account; to neglect.
- Overpower: To defeat or conquer by superior force or numbers.
It is important to note that words have different meanings and connotations in different contexts and cultures. It is also important to use them with care and in the right context to avoid any misunderstandings or offense.